Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fourth update on 9-30-07

I wanted to thank all of you for all the prayer support and help to our family these past 2 weeks. I finished week one of radiation therapy ( 5 treatments) and feel pretty good. The pain in my rib is beginning to ease up some. I will have a total of 15 treatments, so 2 more weeks. Thank you to my wonderful friends that are driving me and keeping me company while I go daily to therapy. I have tried to stop taking the pain meds., but not quite there yet.

My doctors are ok with me waiting till after the half marathon ( November 4th) to begin hormone treatment. So, I will have 3 weeks in between the treatments to get ready for the marathon. Chris and I have, as you can imagine, dropped way back these last few weeks in our training but do plan to try to get back on track.

Today was a good day ~ we attacked my garden that has also been neglected and planted some lettuce and onions. Tonight we went to "The Square" in Denton where Matt's band played outdoors in front of the courthouse for 2 hours. The weather was perfect and we ended the evening with Kevin and Nikki at Beth Maries for ice-cream. Tim is on his way over ( I gave him and his friends our tickets to a Dallas Stars hockey game ) and we are all spending tomorrow with a dear friend of ours that is visiting from Florida, JoAn.

Prayer request ~ please continue to pray for total healing. That I continue to tolerate the radiation, I know it gets harder from here. For discernment about radiating the spot on my spine and that the fluid on the lung is gone. Prayer is the most helpful and powerful thing you can do and we very much appreciate all of you.

Some of the words to a song by Greg Long.

MAYBE SAY A PRAYER WHEN YOU THINK OF ME, I COULD USE SOME HELP WHEN YOUR ON YOUR KNEES. THE LORD IS KIND, I KNOW HE'S GONNA SEE ME THROUGH, EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT.

MY HOPE IS IN THE LORD ~

Thanks again ~ Elayne & Chris

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails