Thursday, March 13, 2008

update # 14 on 3-12-08

Hi All~ haven't sent out an update an realized it is probably about time to do so. So, here it is; It has now been 7 months since my diagnosis, had 25 rounds of radiation, 6 herceptin treatments ( # 7 is next week) 2 lupron injections and a daily oral med ( tamoxifen).

As of the last scans and blood work, the hormone therapy does seem to be doing it's job. All my blood work came back in normal ranges, including the tumor markers and iron levels! The last set of scans showed the rib & spine to be "stable"- no new growth. The pleural effusion from the lung was gone!

What I am having difficulty with is my blood pressure ( too high) and the adjustments of some of my medications. I began a new med. that after 4 weeks caused some serious side effects. I have been taken off that drug and now am dealing with the side effects and withdrawal until it gets out of my system. This has been difficult and I have not been able to run lately :(

I would like to ask for prayer during this time and for discernment about my medical decisions. And of course for healing. I once again thank all of you for your prayers and support :) Please don't forget Chris and the guys, cancer affects the entire family.


Elayne & guys

PS- I will soon begin a personal blog ( not the family blog) that I will try to update once a week. You can at anytime check it out if you would like to know how everything is going. This will be easier for me than e-mails. You will be able to leave messages on the blog-which I will look forward to reading :) Once, it is up and running I will let you know.

This was sent to me by my friend~




"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers
I pray also that the eyes of your hearts may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you.." Ephesians 1:16, 18
Dr. Meyer says that in prayer there must be deliberateness -- the place, the time, the reverence. We are told that God knows our needs even before we express them, but He wants us to come to Him and express them. He listens to our forecasts and petitions and with His foreknowledge, knows better answers to them than we do. He always will meet our needs. If the thorn must remain, He gives the strength and grace to praise Him for it. If He does not take away the cup we have been given to drink, He sends an angel to strengthen us for it. We hear many terms for prayer these days - popcorn prayer where we are lead by the Spirit to pray for someone or something at the moment. There is a prayer that is unceasing but not vain repetitions for the same thing. It is a prayer of constant fellowship with the Lord when we listen and speak alternately. It is one of the loftiest forms of prayer. By whatever name, or in whatever form, without prayer we will shrivel up and lose our companionship with the Lord. Those who have ears to hear......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails