Thursday, March 13, 2008

second update on 9-18-07

Friends and family ~ thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts today while I had my tests done. I could truly feel it. The praise goes to God, my tests were clean! You are some awesome prayer warriors :) The MRI of my brain showed that I do indeed have a brain and it is working fine :) The bone scan showed what we already know, that the rib has cancer. I will be having an MRI of my leg as a questionable area showed something, however it may be a stress fracture from running :) The doctor is not too concerned about it but does want to check it because I am training for the half marathon. Otherwise, it's clean. The doctor that viewed my lung X Ray felt there was not enough fluid on the lung to do a biopsy. This will be monitored. It was a long, exhausting day but I wanted to share this praise with you.

The plan from here and the next praise ~ I will be having about 12 treatments of radiation on the rib and hormone therapy ~ not chemotherapy! The doctor says I may have to play the chemo card at some point but that the hormone therapy at this point may be more effective.

Chris and I would like to ask for your continued prayer support as I still have a long road ahead of me. In particular on the MRI of my leg ( this Thursday) that it is an injury and not cancer. That the fluid on the lung is also nothing to worry about. For discernment about the upcoming treatments and that the hormone therapy is successful. And of course for total healing.

Thank you again, our friends and family ~ Elayne & Chris

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails