Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Surgery this Thursday~

Ok, Chris and I met with the surgeon today and I am scheduled for Surgery this Thursday morning @ 11:30.He will have to cut into the pectoral muscle in order to get to the area and remove it for a biopsy. The surgery will take about an hour with an hour of recovery time if all goes well.He did an exam of the area today and said " it looks worrisome". So... calling on all prayer warriors.

Please join us in praying that there is another explanation for this, that the surgery, anesthesia and recovery go well. I have a pretty difficult time with anesthesia but do feel I am in good hands.
My surgeon is the Head of Surgery for his hospital and my sister has been a nurse in this area for 22 years.She will be there with Chris, so I will be well taken care of.

I will not be able to lift anything heavy for 4 weeks and he said to expect to be off from training my clients, etc. for a week.I asked if that 4 week time included running, he looked at me like "your one of those people" :) He said I can run when I feel ready and my body will let me know if it is too soon. Then he made me promise not to lift anything for the 4 weeks.

I will be glad to get this over with and pray that it is not more cancer. I know that God is with me and our family and that He hears us when we pray! Thanks all~

11 comments:

o2bhiking said...

No cancer - that sounds good to hope for. Praying for that, and for other good things for you. No shoveling snow! Glad I got on to update my blog tonight and saw your post. Hang in there, my Texas friend! Art

Anonymous said...

Elayne,
I check your blog all the time. Feel as though even if we don't get to talk, its great to know that we can keep in CLOSE contact. I know our Lord has you wrapped up in His mighty hands. You're being lifted up by so many you don't even know. Always here for you DANDE girl. Love, Diane

Kims4Him said...

May the hands of the greatest healer touch and cover your heart, body spirit. Those of your family too.
Starting the prayers here in Phoenix....
May He continure to Bless and Keep you, today and always.
kimberly

Marcy O'Hickey said...

Praying for you Elayne. Just came across this verse tonight...

Psalm 20:5
We will sing for joy over your victory, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners. May the Lord fulfill all your petitions.

Elayne said...

I have just read the first 4 comments and had to respond to them. No matter how many times, and how many ways the Lord reminds me He is there and hears us I continue to be amazed!

Art~ I read your comment just after speaking with my husband about " Art- my Virginia friend" and how you refer to me as your Texas friend.What a blessing and support you have been :)

Diane~ I had prayed that the Lord would keep me safe and hold me close as a father holds and protects His child in his mighty arms.Then read your comment my friend :)

Kimberly~ right after praying " I don't know where we are going from here but that The Lord has all the power to place His healing hands upon me". He is the Great Physician- even when everyone else says "impossible". I also specifically asked for comfort & peace for my sons, daughter and husband.

Marcy~same thing, RIGHT after praying for my hope and desire that God might use this situation to once again show His mighty power so we can sing for joy over Victory and that He would not only hear my petition but the petitions of all who are praying, near and far, those I know and those don't even know.

Now, these are NOT coincidences, God is using each one of us to show His love,Mercy and Power.
Thank you all so very much!! And Thank you Lord!

Anonymous said...

Prayers are coming your way.
Ellen

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for you, Elayne, and we all love you. Love, Aunt Suzie and Uncle Burt xx

Anonymous said...

Phil Drasner
prayers here

Jonna Wilson said...

What a wonderful post! I love how you have seen and heard God working already! That is the best testimony!!

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers today.

The Weeks'

Rebecca said...

Praying for you, Aunt Elaine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails