Saturday, February 6, 2010

Update while we wait~

Feeling much better today. I am now out of the anesthesia "fog" and can actually think and put sentences together.Fortunately, I did not have a bad reaction this time and have only needed some pain meds but no nausea meds once home.
The worst thing was waking up with a migraine and having no coffee, food, water,etc. While registering to check in the pens were in a coffee cup with these beans in them. I looked at my sister and said "there are coffee beans in this cup"! No food or drink for 12 hours was rough!

I slept most of Thursday after surgery. My mom came over Friday and I was kind of in and out all day and evening.She did laundry, brought dinner for the weekend and made me my peanut butter/honey/banana sandwich :) Today is Saturday and I had a really nice 2 mile walk with Chris and Ryo. The walk and fresh cool air did wonders for me.I was allowed to remove the bandages and shower today. The stitches look good and there has not been any bleeding or problems.

Otherwise, I have pretty much stayed in bed, watching movies and resting. Trying to keep my Blood pressure down. Today has been better and I will continue to rest, heal and hopefully keep the BP down. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers as we wait upon the Lord.

2 comments:

o2bhiking said...

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you and hoping that all was going pretty well. Art

Elayne said...

Thanks Art! I really appreciate it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails