Sunday, April 28, 2013

W~ Women

Twelve Extraordinary Women of the Bible. This book has been a great source of comfort and wisdom over these past weeks for me.
I have studied women like Eve, Sarah, Ruth and Hannah so far. The one thing that continuously stands out to me as I read more and more is their unwavering faith in God.

I have been amazed by the number of years that they remain unshaken in their faith, even when time goes on and what they are praying and waiting for seems more and more impossible.They wait, they pray, they trust and God answers them.

I kept thinking about these women as I was having my tests done, laying there in the machines, waiting.  I usually spend this time in prayer,it brings me peace and I feel completely calm.

This time was a little different. I had recently been reading about Hannah and how she prayed for a son, how she would go to the tabernacle and pray. What stood out to me about her was that she would bring her request to God and then leave it there. God knew her heart she asked for the desires of her heart and then trusted God with the rest.

When it was time for me to have the final test last week I had that same peace. I had prayed and asked God for the desires of my heart. To live, to be here for my husband, children and grandchildren. For my family and friends. To live the best life I can and hopefully I am doing what He has called me to do.
I went into the test knowing I have done all that I can possibly do and felt a calmness over me and a sense that I can rest now. He, once again heard our prayers and He answered them!
I hope that I will always have the faith that these women had. That I will not be shaken and will live my life the best I can for Him.

I have not finished the book yet and I am looking forward to learning about the rest of these Extraordinary Women!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elayne you are a testimony.
Janine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails