Thursday, April 18, 2013

O~ ONLY YOU

Today is a special day, it is my husband's birthday! So first of all Happy Birthday Chris! I would like to share some thoughts on the role of a spouse/caretaker.

When a spouse or family member is sick or living with a chronic illness the focus tends to be on that person, which makes sense. However, there is someone that tends to be overlooked, the caretaker. Usually a spouse, parent, adult child, etc.
In my case it is my husband who shares this journey with me. every bit of it, all the time. He hurts when I hurt and he celebrates when I celebrate.

The person going through this with you usually juggles a full time job, commute and picks up many, if not all of the responsibilities the person fighting is not able to do.These are long, hard days, months and years, but we do it together.

In our case my husband is this person, he juggles all of this and being there for me as well. The physical and emotional ups and downs, he shares them all! Your life changes, their life changes. So today I ask that the person in this role is not overlooked in any of our lives.
         Thank you Chris, ONLY YOU can understand this the way you do!
photo by elayne minich

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to your hubby ;)
Just getting to you on the Atoz list. Sorry it has taken me so long. Look forward to reading more of your posts :)

You may be int'd in my hubby's AtoZ - his is on God stuff.. .:)
www.richm612.wordpress.com :)

auntyamo
http://ficticiousamo.wordpress.com/

Erika Nigro said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Chris.

Erika M.

Faith Laces said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails