Monday, April 18, 2011

Nature & Oasis


Getting behind, need to cover N and O today! These are two of my favorite words and very important parts of my life.
I have always been in love with nature. Pretty much anything you can do outdoors I love. In these last four years this has become more important than ever as it provides for me a place of rest and healing.
What is your oasis? A question I was recently asked, and the answer is Nature, in all it's beauty, peace and wonder.
Sometimes it is just sitting outside in my backyard or planting my garden. It may be climbing a mountain to take in beauty that is so breathtaking you never want to leave.  A midnight kayak ride under a full moon or watching the sunset at the end of a long day at the lake.

Biking through the woods in Oklahoma or running at a park in Prague, taking in all the sounds, smells and beauty! The snow stinging my face as we run through the falling snowflakes.
Walking along a beautful beach with your feet in the water. Swimming...anywhere. I love the feel of gliding through and being under water, I can spend hours and hours swimming and never tire of it.

Oasis~a place of peace, safety, or happiness in the midst of trouble or difficulty. In Nature is where I find my oasis, the places where I feel peace, comfort,rest & God.

2 comments:

Empty Nest Insider said...

Thanks for visiting me. I'm so sorry about your illness, but you seem to have a wonderful attitude. You seem like a real doer, not a complainer. I applaud your courage and look forward to seeing you again! Julie

Sarah Mäkelä said...

I love nature too. My oasis is my town. It's beautiful, very green and lush. =)

Stopping by from the A to Z Challenge! http://blog.sarahmakela.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails