Saturday, June 5, 2010

Teaching the 5k Learn to Run class

This was my first class to teach through the Parks and Rec. Dept. It was a great experience! The class had 10 women join, including my daughter-in-law and her mom! This opportunity has allowed me to meet and train some new people that all came to class excited about reaching their goal to run their very first 5k.
The race will be the Komen race for the Cure on June 12, I can't wait to hear how each one of them did!
I have several more classes I plan to teach with the City P & R. A few of the ladies have already asked about a 10k next!
Nikki and Chris finishing a 3 mile run on our last day of class...

1 comment:

o2bhiking said...

Good for you, Elayne. Keep moving, keep sharing. You are an inspiration! Art

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails