Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sun protection after radiation~

After receiving radiation to my rib, neck, chest, back and underarm, the challenge for summertime ( especially in Texas) becomes protection. I was told many times to be sure I kept those areas covered from the sun, wear plenty of sunscreen and do this for the rest of my life. I have begun teaching swimming lessons and needed something for protection that also allows me to move freely in the water.
I found a "rash guard" shirt, made by Lands End and thought I would give it a try. It has Screen UV rays with UPF 50+, is very comfortable and covers all the areas that have received radiation. If you are looking for something like this it is under the womens swim wear, then choose cover-ups. I bought one and then ordered a second one!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails