Sunday, May 2, 2010

The ever changing life with cancer...

After a lot of consideration, talking with Chris and prayer, I decided to try Faslodex again.An injection given once a month. The hormone therapy appears to work well for me so together with my Onc. we decided it is important for me to remain on this therapy.
(Faslodex blocks the actions of estrogen in the body. Certain types of breast cancer require estrogen to grow).
 
I tried this medication previously and had too many side effects. The alternative drug ( Arimidex) also caused many side effects, so... I decided to try this one again. So far, i am tolerating it ok. More dizziness, some headaches & nausea and hot flashes are the main side effects. All at a level I can tolerate at this point.

My doctor see's patients at the center I go to only once a week. Last week, I learned he will no longer see patients there and I will need to either see a different Onc. or drive quite a bit further to continue with him.

Most of you know how difficult finding a doctor you like and trust is, especially in situations as serious as cancer. This choice is still hard due to the amount of time the drive combined with the wait and actual visit will take, but at this point the relationship we have built over the past 3 years is an important part of this equation. So...I will drive and wait :)





 
 

1 comment:

o2bhiking said...

I think I would do the drive, too. You need every edge to fight this thing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails