Sunday, July 10, 2011

Keeping the Peace

On Wednesday I was in the middle of teaching my group Fit class and the phone rang. I just new it was going to be the results from the biopsy. When I answered and it was the doctor, not the nurse, I knew the outcome already. He didn't have to say a thing. He continued on to tell me the results; "consistent with metastatic carcinoma". In other words, a re-occurrence of the original breast cancer.

I had no idea that a rash could be a symptom of the cancer re-occurring.When the nurse saw it, she called the Onc. right away and sent me for a biopsy a few days later. I could tell from her expression and quickly getting me in for the biopsy that something looked wrong.

A few days later, Chris went with me and we felt pretty good about things after meeting the doctor as he said "I don't think you have anything to worry about". Also, I was applying hydrocortizone and it was going away.

Needless to say we were surprised by the results. My Onc. called me about an hour later and said to keep my already scheduled scans and appointment with him as they were.
So, here we are again.
Monday~ bone scan, chest x-ray and labs
Tuesday~ Neurologist to have my check-up on the migraines
Wednesday~ Muga scan ( to check my heart)
Following Tuesday(19th)~ PET scan and meet with Onc. to go over all results and where we go from here.

So that is where things are at on the medical side.I do want to share with you that I really am doing well. Don't get me wrong, I have my moments of fear and anxiety, but I do feel a peace and a calmness.
For all of you at FBC today Coach Copeland said it perfectly.
                    ~Confidence ~Courage~ Commitment~
I am Confident that He is in control and I know He has been down this road with me many times  before.
Because of this I have Courage to face each day,these tests and what I need to do knowing~
"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
Commitment;
If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31

Please join our family in prayer as we go through these next two weeks of testing, results and decisions. Specifically, we are praying that this re-occurrence is "localized" and there is no further spreading.
Thank you all in advance~elayne

8 comments:

Mick said...

You know you have Pam's and my prayers as well as our love. Consider us just two of the many "where two or more are gathered..."

Janine said...

Elayne I will keep you in my prayers. I agree with you, Coach Copeland and God. This is one of my favorite verses. ' "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." ' John 16:33 My other favorite verse is 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths straight.' Proverbs 3:5-6.

God's Blessings be with you,
Janine Graves

o2bhiking said...

You got my prayers coming for you, my friend. Hang in there and never let go of that courage. Art

TeresaS said...

Elayne, my thoughts and prayers are with you my dear sister. You are such a wonderful testimony of God's faithfulness and love even through the fiery furnace times! Wow, what a great application to a wonderful sermon. Stay strong in the faith.
Love you, Teresa

Kim said...

All's I can say is that I think you are amazing! Prayers continue!

Elayne said...

From my Facebook family and friends :)

Cheryl Miller Konkle Praying for you Elayne :)

Brenna Dudley The Lord is my comfort! Praying for you sweet Elayne! We love you much!

Beth Gelerman rest!


Dana Renda hey sis I hope you are doing well and get stronger I'm praying for you I love you

Karen Galban Hugs and prayers being sent your way!

Maryann said...

Will continue to pray for God's peace and that the cancer is localized.
Blessings

Retired Knitter said...

Continuing to think of you while you are going through this next period.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails