Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Got the go ahead to train for a marathon!

Hi all~ today I saw my cardiologist to go over the results in more detail from the CT angiogram. Everything with my heart looks good and I have the ok to train/run a marathon! I will remain on a very low dose of the beta blocker as it seems to keep my BP where it needs to be with out much in the way of side effects. I go back in 3 months for a follow up. So, that was all good.

I have been concerned about the report referring to "multiple areas on the ribs & spine" so the doctor called and spoke to the radiologist to get more details. It appears the rib that was noted is the area that we already know about and the spine seems to be something new but was noted as being very small. This is an area (t 11) that has been noted before but not as cancer. So... the tests in January will tell us more but for now that was overall good news. I am feeling good, just have some pain in my rib area but have been able to continue running. Chris and I braved the cold tonight and ran a "quick" 4 miles :)

Please continue to keep the upcoming tests/results and Gods healing in prayer with us.
Merry Christmas!!
Elayne

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great, Elayne! Enjoy your Christmas, and enjoy your running. Hope to see you at a race someday soon.

o2bhiking said...

This all sounds postive, Elayne. Not ideal, but positive. Are you going to do the marathon as one of the Purple People, or just for fun on your own? Merry Christmas! Art

Anonymous said...

Elaine,
We are so very proud of you----go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are sooooooooooo amazing--we love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas to all of you--Love, Aunt Suzy and Uncle Burt xxxxxxx

CLM said...

Praise be to God! Good results. Just got back into town so I am glad it is good news. Left my cell phone in the seat back pocket on the plane over. No communication or internet for 5 days. It was ok. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails