Thursday, December 6, 2012

Back in the chair again....

Monday began my chemo treatments and as of today things are going much better than they did 14 years ago. It took 6 hours to administer all the medications, but I had my hubby, close friend and great nurses with me. I felt very safe and comfortable but could not believe I was back in that chair again!
As you can see the beautiful blue blanket Sera crocheted for me to take to my treatments was used well that day!
Taking into consideration my first experience with chemo, my medical team is taking all precautions with me. The meds used for nausea are working this time and I went back in on Tuesday and Wednesday for IV fluids/nausea meds.
The only problems I have faced so far have been fevers that are spiking very high with no explanations. They had me come back up for blood work and a chest xray, so far they are all fine. Otherwise, expected side effects have begun.
A Muga scan has also been done to keep an eye on the function of my heart since one of the meds ( Hercepton) can cause problems. It did show a drop from the previous test but still in normal range...a bit concerned on that one.
Friends and family have been bringing meals for us to freeze. This has been a lifesaver considering I have spent hours each day at the hospital. I did add a tab at the top of this blog "Vegetarian meals" to help with recipes and ideas for anyone that has asked to help us with meals.
I am so thankful and happy to have Donise here with us :) Besides her company she is taking good care of me and my family :) 

Thanks all for your thoughts, prayers, meals, gifts and more. We are loved and blessed by many :)



2 comments:

o2bhiking said...

I've been thinking of you often, Elayne. Art

Ronni Gordon said...

Glad it's going better this time. You look great! From my experience, fevers came and went during chemo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails