Saturday, December 15, 2012

Tis the Season...and all the changes

My dearest friend Donise  spent the last two weeks taking care of me and my family. She has done everything from cooking & cleaning to putting up my Christmas decorations and helping our son Matt pack up for his move. She made sure I got my fluids and protein each day and so much more! Great friends are such a blessing and I don't know what we would have done without her these past weeks. But....I guess I have to give her back to her family now :( We can't thank Donise and her family enough! Today my friend headed home and my son moved out.... a tough day.
Tonight Chris and I came home as official "Empty Nester's". No little dog barking at the door, no guitar's playing from upstairs...just quiet...and kind of strange.  
All the changes this Christmas have been bittersweet. So happy for all the blessings in my life and my families and friends lives. While at the same time struggling with so many losses;my health,teaching my fitness group, having my special Nonna day with  my grandson, running with my husband, and soon even my hair.
So, as I enjoy the big and little things of this beautiful season, I also realize that some days we might, like my little grand baby boy...well, just feel like kicking Santa!   .................. Tis the season................ :)

1 comment:

Christie M said...

Santa doesn't look too thrilled there. :)
So sorry for all those changes! Even RIO is gone! Wow....

Looking forward to a new year with better thoughts!

Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails