Monday, January 3, 2011

It's time again....

After having a rough weekend with migraines and an elevated blood pressure of 152/106 and pain in my lower abdomen ( pelvic area) it is time for more tests :(

First one up is a muga scan to check my heart. The medicine Tykerb I take at night can effect the heart. I have also been having numbness and tingling in my left arm/hand. I decided to stop taking the Tykerb for a few days and that has gone away, however my BP was way too high yesterday. I have had an abnormal muga scan before when I was on Herceptin, which then had to be stopped. So, it is time to take a look at my heart again and see if the Tykerb is having the same effect. For now, they are having me remain off the Tykerb.

After that will be a PET scan, labs and visit with Dr. A to go over all the results. In the meantime I have my Faslodex AND Lupron shots on Wednesday. As of this morning my BP is remaining normal but I still have the headaches.
I have been doing some reading on migraines and am realizing in my case,there may be some food triggers that are setting them off. I will be omitting those foods from my diet and adding more of the foods that help. Fortunately, those foods where already part of my diet,so I will just increase them.

Gonna be a bumpy road....your prayers for all of this and the upcoming test results are greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here.....as always.
Love, Diane

Anonymous said...

Here...as always.
Love, Diane

o2bhiking said...

I am saddened, as always, to learn this, Elayne. Gosh, I hate cancer right now. Well, time to smear on some more war paint and fight like a wildcat! Say a prayer for my sister, very rough times right now with the metastacized BC. Praying for you both, and my friend Judy (myelmoa). Art

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails