Saturday, January 8, 2011

Two down... one to go...and our night with Chicago!

I  had my faslodex and Lupron injections on Wednesday and have felt unusually good! The side effects I tend to have in the first few days have been minimal. So, that is great!
Yesterday was a long day starting with the muga scan. I do not have "official" results yet but it looks like it is ok. Will have to talk to the Dr. about getting back on the Tykerb. My feeling is that it will be a yes.
After the scan, I went for labs and they are checking for everything! Also have no results back from those either. Matt came with me and we spent the rest of the afternoon having lunch at Cheesecake Factory and shopping. He got a sweatshirt and I got a pair of black boots..both on clearance! I was glad to have him with me :)
 Last scheduled test is the PET scan Monday morning. The hardest part of this test for me is the no caffeine or sugar ( the caffeine is the issue:) for 24 hours. No exercising either.
The weather forecast is calling for rain, snow and very cold temps. beginning tomorrow and into Monday. It is about an hour drive to the hospital so I REALLY hope we don't have to cancel. I want to get it over with and I really don't want to have to go 24 hrs. with no caffeine twice!
It is probably making sense why I received $75 in Starbucks gift cards for Christmas :)
Here are a couple of pics from Wed. night when Chris and I saw Chicago at the Myerson playing with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra! Great time strolling down memory lane! We are all a little older, bigger, grayer or bald. Instead of jeans, t shirts and funky styles of clothing it is now suits, dresses and a very classy symphony center.It is funny how music can take us all  back 25-35 years ago in one simple evening. Great time!
We were not allowed to take pics, so this is with my cell before the show.

Elayne & Chris after the show

Elayne

Chris

2 comments:

Erika Nigro said...

Looks like you had lots of fun.

Erika minich.

Ronni Gordon said...

Nothing like a new pair of black boots and a cup of Starbucks to make your day. For some reason I have a closet full of black boots! By the way you look great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails