Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stopping the Beta Blocker

After getting my lab results back last Friday and seeing that they were all normal, no problems with my sodium or potassium, I decided to cut the beta blocker in half again taking it just once a day.
Today, I spoke with the cardiologist and let him know that I was feeling much better on the lower dose. My BP has gone back up to normal levels and I am not getting dizzy when I stand anymore.
He said it would be ok to just stop taking the beta blocker.
Here's where the prayer request comes in :) Please keep in prayer that this transition off of these 2 medications ( BP med & Beta Blocker) goes smoothly and without complications. For protection of my heart. I have been nervous about this ( kind of feel like I am dropping my safety net) so please keep that in prayer too that I would have peace about this decision.
This is a great praise to be able to get off these two medications!
Thanks~ Elayne

I have told you all this so that you will have peace of heart and mind. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows; but cheer up, for I have overcome the world. John 16: 33

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails