Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A bit Of A Reprieve

Hey everyone!
I did see the new cardiologist on Monday. Not sure what to think there, his plan was completely different than the first guys so for now I will stay on the blood pressure med. which has been working and I feel much better. He had me wear a halter monitor for 24 hours-that was fun :) My cat LiLi thought I was a big ball of colored yarn for her entertainment. I had all kinds of colored wires hanging off of me. Chris walked in and said "oh, I don't like that". I will get those results and the EKG results shortly. The new medication for the anxiety seems to be helping, but it has only been a week.
Otherwise I get a break until the end of May and then my oncologist will have me do ALL the testing over again to get a new baseline. I am glad to have the break from tests and doctors, however, I am nervous about the tests as you can imagine.
In the meantime I am trying to pick back up the mileage with my running. I am wanting to start training again for either another half or a full marathon. I have been able to keep in touch with some of the people from Team In Training and I have been asked to come out to share my story and Jim's story in June with the team. I am looking forward to that, but not to being there at 6 am :(
Most of you probably don't know that on the very day I made the decision to order a course to complete for my personal trainer certification was the same day I got a call from the doctor to come in for a CT scan of the rib. I guess God had other plans :) Over these past 8 months I have tried unsuccessfully to conquer this course and get my certification, I just have not been able to concentrate on it.. My hope is to be able to train others, especially women and cancer survivors with endurance sports, like running.
Please pray that I will have the concentration to finish this course. We will be in prayer over these next weeks for healing and for good test results. Please join us in those prayers.

Matthew 18:20 says: "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 138:8

The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;
Thy lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting;
Do not forsake the works of Thy hands.

Praying for concentration for studying and passing your test! You are and will be an inspiration and encouragement to so many women as you train them to do things they thought they could never do!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails