Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Big Day in our Training!!

Today was a very big day for Chris and I with our training for the upcoming White Rock Marathon. We ran 20 miles this morning which was a huge milestone!

I was not real happy with my time today ( 13 minute miles overall) and I had to walk more than usual. But it has been a rough couple of weeks physically with all my tests, biopsy and surgery. As well as emotionally with two scares of more cancer. So, taking that into consideration I am happy to have finished the whole thing! 6.2 miles to go!

The weather was cool this morning and 72 by the time we finished. The park we train at had men and women from the Navy and Marine Corp. out there training new ( very young looking) recruits. That was a nice distraction and kind of fun to watch.

Our next long run will be shorter but more challenging with a lot of hills. Our hopes and prayers are for the PET scan and blood work to come back with no concerns and that I can spend these next 5 weeks finishing this training we have both worked so long and hard at.
Thank you all for your continued thoughts, prayers, comments and e-mails! They are appreciated :)

1 comment:

o2bhiking said...

Been a long time since I've gone 20 miles - two years this coming January to be exact when I was in the Arizona marathon. Hat is off to both of you. Well done! Art

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails