Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Surgery~ Thursday morning

Hi all~ I will be having surgery Thursday morning @ 8 am. My doctor will be doing another biopsy ( more extensive) to make sure nothing was missed from the first one done a month ago.
I am not looking forward to it but..... guess it needs to be done.

The anesthesiologist called today to touch base and I was able to fill him in on the fact that I don't typically do well with anesthesia and he said he will give me some meds. to help with that. One being Zofran ( yuck-used that one with chemo) and another I am not familiar with. I hope they work :)
My doctor has prescribed pain pills and nausea meds which I already have to use at home if needed.

Chris will be able to take me on Thursday and we have a couple of very kind friends that will bring dinner for us Thurs. & Friday! So, it looks like we are good to go.

I have not felt well since getting back from Tulsa over a week ago and had a terrible headache all day today. So.... lots of prayer needed here please. Please pray that the surgery goes well with no complications/side effects. That the results are good-no cancer or other problems. That my recovery will be fast and I can get back to running which I have only been able to do once in the last 10 days which of course makes me feel very "off" right now. Thanks for your prayers, love & support!

Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

7 comments:

o2bhiking said...

I'll be thinking of you thursday Elayne. This will all be in the past soon enough, and you can lace those running shoes back on. I hope that you feel better soon, and that your surgery goes great. My wife has extreme problems with anathesia also. Art

Christie M said...

Hope everything went well.
FEEL BETTER!

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Tom, Angie and Molly

Anonymous said...

We will be praying my friend!
Marcy & Jim

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you Elayne. Love you guys.
Barb

Anonymous said...

Dear Elayne,
Our prayers are always with you!! We know that you will be just fine as you are definately a surviver!!!! You are by far the strongest lady that we know and you will come through this with flying colors,just as you always do!!!! Your faith and strength have led you this far and you have many more roads to travel!!
We Love You and take care,
Aunt Suzie and Uncle Burt xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for you tomorrow!!!!!

NATASHA SMITHEY

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails