Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Six months at a time

Lately I have been thinking about how different I see my life now. As I am approaching another round of tests I find myself thinking about all the things I want to do but always think of them in terms of "after my tests".
Simple things, like starting a new running class, getting a pass to swim at the aquatic park, painting my bathroom. I seem to go into this type of limbo where I need to make sure everything is ok before I commit or start something new.
This is not how I used to think and most people don't live their lives like this. I am often encouraged not to think this way, and hope in time it will get easier to see past 6 months at a time.
The positive that has come out of this, is that each time another 6 months goes by and a new one begins I am fully aware and appreciative of the things I had accomplished, people I spent time with and the way I spent that time.
So, as I wait for this 6 months to end and the next to begin I look back at Mothers Day, Kevin & Nikki's wedding, our 25th wedding anniversary, my birthday, Tim's move to Prague and graduation from college, having time with Matt back at home, a great camping trip and so much more!
And now, I wait and pray for the next 6 months!
Psa. 27:14 Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails