Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cardiologist apt. yesterday

Good morning everyone~ Chris and I saw another cardiologist yesterday and the visit went well. He was very thorough and answered almost every one of our questions we had written down before we even asked.
After talking with him, I better understand the reason for the beta blocker he wants me to be on and began a low dose last night. He will work the dosage up over the next weeks/months. I will then have another muga scan to see if there is improvement with my injection fraction number. Last test it showed 45, normal is 50. Mine was in the 50's before the Herceptin. He feels that I have a good chance at getting it back up on the medication or at least keeping it stable at 45.
For now, he said I need to let my heart get stronger. I can still run but only 5 or 10 K's, no half or whole marathons for now. His goal is to get that number back up and then I can resume the more intense running.
So... I am still good to go for the upcoming 5K ( Race For The Cure) but unsure about the half marathon in January.
Next week he will have me come in for a stress test on the treadmill with pictures of my heart. I then go back the next day for a "resting" test. This will be done to make sure there are no blockages or other problems. So, it looks like we are on the right track for now.
Over these next few weeks I will be going through a battery of tests and doctors apts.

Please be in prayer with our family that EVERY test comes back with good results, that there is no spread,the pain in my back eases up and for total healing. Also that I will not have any side effects from the new med. for my heart, that it will do only what it is supposed to do.

Thanks
to all of you so far for the encouragement, support and donations for The Race For The Cure! I will leave the link for that web page located above the map.

Those who hope in the LORD, will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary. Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails