Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday followed by Super Sick Monday

Sunday was a great day spent with family and friends having dinner and watching the Super-bowl.Monday was a whole different story. I had a really rough day that began with another headache I could not get under control. Which led to 16 hours of nausea and vomiting. Chris ended up calling Dr. A at 10:30 PM. Dr. A asked if I had anything for nausea.  Fortunately, I had some phenergin(sp?) at home and it worked. I was then able to sleep through the night. The past two days I continue to have the headache and fatigue, still don't feel well, but getting better.

This has been happening enough that we are noticing some patterns and one common trigger that we notice is; any time I have a very long, hard, day( working long hours without a break, having people over for a big get together, all day tests done at the hospital, etc.) it is almost always followed by what happened Monday, just not usually as bad. It seems to be the common link and I don't know if this is simply part of living with stage 4 cancer ( although everything seems to be ok right now from the recent testing, no evidence of disease) or if possibly there is something, unrelated to cancer going on?  Dr.A had mentioned seeing  a neurologist  concerning the headaches. 
Spoke with a few other people about what might be causing these headaches and "stress" is the key word that keeps coming up.
We have decided to "lay low" for a while and see if the headaches ease up. Keeping in mind I have already had a brain scan, which was normal and have explored nutritional triggers as well. As much as I love having everyone over and being busy with our "projects"
It looks like some R&R is in order. Today I made reservations for a small get a way for Chris and I in the future.
If any of you, especially those that have been through cancer/treatments recognize this pattern I would be very interested to hear from you. What you experience and what you are doing to help minimize the headaches.
For today, enjoying the snow, fire and rest :)

2 comments:

o2bhiking said...

Sorry to hear you were sick. It sounds like laying low for a while would be a good idea, and keeping track of stressful things. maybe the new veggie diet will help. Thinking of you - stay well! Art

o2bhiking said...

Sorry you were sick. The R&R sounds in order, as does just taking it easy for a bit and keeping track of things. Maybe the veggie diet will help. Stay well, and take care. Art

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails