making I wondered, what do you think of when someone writes out a
bucket list? For me, I have always associated it with things someone
wants to do before they pass away.
My personal feelings on this is that everyone should have a so called
"bucket list". I have not and do not plan to use that particular term
only because of it's usual association and for me it is a negative
I do, however believe in a Goals list. This should be ongoing, for all
of us! If we are always setting goals, we always have something to
look forward to, reach and strive for. A continuation, not a checklist
till the end.
So, really, we should never complete our list as we should always be
striving to learn more, do more, help more, and achieve those goals
that maybe we never thought possible.
Each year I tend to look back over the 12 months and create a top 10
list, I find this a good way to reflect on the previous year and
hopefully, happy and encouraged about heading into the new year!
So,here are my top 10 from 2012.
1 ) Family/ Nonna time, especially the holidays, including another
2) The love and kindness of friends' and family as we received and are
going through the treatment for cancer for the 6th time.
3) Empty Nesters again. We look at all of our kids lives and are so
proud of each one of them and the places they are in their lives right
4) Liams first bday
5) Trip to San Juan Island! -We flew in a sea plane, kayaked with
whales, zip lined through the forest and fed a sea lion named
6) Personal milestones; 14 yrs as a cancer survivor,my 48th bday and
28th wedding anniversary.
7) Fantastic year of teaching swimming & training my ladies fitness group.
8) Our Spring camp/kayak/bike trip. Accomplished a personal goal of
swimming across the lake and back :)
9)Met my reading goal on GoodReads and completed another year of the
A-Z blog writers challenge.
10) Bought my "dream car" A blue Nissan Xterra, which I call the "Blue Beast".
Happy New Year and thank you for all your love, support and prayers~
I would love to hear your thoughts on goals, bucket lists,
resolutions...what are yours and what do you refer to them as?