Sunday, December 19, 2010

All wrapped up for Christmas

I am lying in bed with my head buried in the pillow, blankets over my head and my finger blocking the sound of the song "One Last Christmas" playing on the radio from the other room. For so many of us the holiday's are  a time of struggle. Whether we have lost ones we love and are going through Christmas without them or we fear the very words that are sung in this song. Perhaps these songs bring comfort for some, but for me it is a time I have to turn the radio off, or, if I don't want to get up, block my ears :)

This time of year brings so many emotions all wrapped up at the same time.I can't wait to get out the decorations &lights. Pick out the perfect tree that "has to be taller than our kids".Play Christmas music without everyone telling me "it's too early"!Oh how I look forward to the celebration of the season and then it hits me... I find myself struggling with sadness and fear, wondering... what if? Scared for me, scared for my family. I try to remind myself that I go through this every year but somehow it just doesn't help.

So... what is one to do with all these feelings at the same time? I am trying to focus on the JOY of celebrating the birth of Christ and the special time with family and friends and the PEACE of knowing we have a loving, all knowing God that knows the plans He has for us.
When I find myself straddling this fence I work hard to stay positive through
 Prayer, He knows our fears and how to help us with them.


It is a great time to focus on giving to others. This always brings Joy.
We have talked about  making some changes that may help make this time of year a bit easier.Nothing big, just some small changes.Well, this is about the 6th time I have tried to write and finish this as I find this a difficult topic but yet one I am sure many understand. Tonight Chris and I both were having a tough day so we dragged ourselves up and out the door to run. Four miles later and we both feel a lot better...always does the trick!

1 comment:

Christie M said...

This year is hard for many reasons, including the parents being gone. :(
Memories of past....

Ally isn't coming. :(

And then, we get up and bake cookies, even if our hearts are breaking.

Somehow I think running might be a better idea. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails