Wednesday, April 15, 2009

#2 The Continuation Of Life~

I have found it interesting how therapeutic my garden has been over these past few years. I never imagined myself as a "gardener" but I have come to really enjoy not only working out there but the benefits of growing some of our own herbs & veggies.

I think the garden has from the beginning and continues to represent the continuation of life to me. With each season bringing changes and each year the newness of another crop.

We started the garden when my brother-in -law Jim was in the hospital with leukemia. When there was no way to feel any sense of control over the situation ,working in the garden seemed to help hold on to life. Now that I find myself in that same situation it brings me the same sense of peace and a holding on to life.

Genesis 1,11-12
11 Then God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them”; and it was so. 12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good.

First harvest of the season, lots of spinach!

1 comment:

Jonna Wilson said...

Wow! That looks good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails